Register of Deeds

Office Hours

8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Monday - Friday



Mailing Address

PO Box 865
Wilber, NE 68465


204 South High Street
Wilber, NE 68465


Nebraska Deeds Online

Documentary Stamp Tax Exemption Listing

Documentary Stamp Tax Table 

Clerk Video

Diann Nettifee

Register of Deeds
Election Commissioner

The Register of Deeds office contains the history record of all real estate transactions. If a register of deeds is not elected pursuant to section 32-518, the County Clerk shall act as ex officio register of deeds.

FILING FEES (Effective Jan. 1, 2013, LB14, Rev. Stat. 33-109)

First page: $10.00
Each additional page: $6.00

The above fees are required for ALL documents filed in the Register of Deeds’ office, except for the following NO-FEE documents:

  • Federal Tax Lien Termination;
  • State Tax Lien Termination; and
  • Uniform Commercial Code (UCC) Termination.

UCC Financing Statements (Original, Amendment, Continuation)

  • Document (no page limitation) = $14.00
  • Termination = NO FEE

FEDERAL and STATE TAX LIENS: The Register of Deeds office will ONLY record tax liens received from the Nebraska Secretary of State’s office.

DOCUMENTARY STAMP TAX (Effective July 1, 2005, LB 40)

Documentary Stamp Tax on deeds: $2.25 per thousand dollars of actual purchase price on transactions which are not exempt under state statute.  If the property transfers for nominal consideration, documentary stamp tax will be due on the assessed value.

Real Estate Transfer Statement (Form 521) is available at  as a fillable form. These are required with every deed or document transferring ownership.

A list of exemptions (under #25) is available at

Register of Deeds WILL NOT accept a deed for recording unless items 1 through 25 are properly completed and a Real Estate Transfer Statement, Form 521 is signed. Please follow the “Instructions” on back of Form 521 for specific instructions per item number.

SPACE REQUIREMENTS (Effective August 27, 2011, LB 254)

Recording Space Requirements:  3” X 8 ½” on top of page 1

  • Shall contain a Blank Space at the top of the First Page which is at least 3 inches “No attachment or affirmation shall be used in any way to cover any information or printed material on the instrument.”
    • (Example-Nothing may be taped or stapled to an instrument).
  • Every Instrument presented for recording shall have on the first page
  • BELOW the 3 inch margin A return Address and the Title of the Document

Margin Requirements:  1” on both vertical sides, and 1” on the bottom.  This applies throughout the document.

Instrument Requirements:

  • At least 8 ½” X 11”, and no larger than 8 ½” X 14”
  • Shall be printed, typewritten or computer generated in black Ink
  • White Paper, of not less than 20lb weight
  • Must be legible (handwritten documents will not be accepted)
  • Each Signature on an instrument shall be in black or dark blue ink
    • Names of each party shall be typed, printed, or stamped beneath the original signature.
  • Stamps shall not cover or interfere with any part of the instrument.
  • Font size at least 8 point

Exceptions to the Rule:

  • Instruments signed before the effective date of this bill (August 27, 2011)
  • Instruments executed outside of the U. S.
  • Certified copies from governmental agencies (Death Certificates)
  • Instruments signed by an incapacitated or deceased person at the time of recording.
  • Instruments formatted to meet court requirements
  • State & Federal Tax Liens
  • UCC Instruments
  • Plats, Surveys, etc.


$0.50 per page in office
Emailed or phone request $1.50 per page
Certified Copies $2.00 first page $1.50 each page after.

Public Records Requests using Nebraska Public Records Law

Nebraska Public Records Statutes: The Nebraska Public Records Statutes provides citizens of this state with the guarantee that public government records stay public. NEB. REV. STAT. 84-712 thru 84-712.09 (2008).


Records requests can be sent to the department, board, or committee who is in charge of the desired records.  If you know what office has the record you’re requesting please go to "OFFICES" and choose the correct place for your request and send an email or phone request from there. However, if you are not sure which department is in charge of the desired records, you may send the request to the County Clerk's office. Once the request is received, you will be contacted about your request and inform you of any fee involved to further process and finalize your request.