District Court FAQ


1. Do you have forms to complete when filing for divorce?

We suggest that you seek the advice of legal counsel. If you cannot afford an attorney, you may contact Legal Aid Services at 1-877-250-2016 or their website: www.nebls.com.

Our office does not have forms available in the office. However, there are forms available for a “simple divorce” which meets certain criteria on the Nebraska Courts’ website: http://court.nol.org/self-help/#families 

2. Are criminal or civil records searches done?

The Clerk of District Court’s records are public information, however, our office will not complete these searches. We will assist you by directing you to the records to be searched. Also, you may subscribe to the Online Access to Justice available on the Nebraska Courts’ website: http://www.nebraska.gov/subscriber/howtosubscribe.html

3. How do I find information about my child support, spousal support or property settlement payments?

As of December 21, 2001, all payments of child support are to be paid through the Nebraska Child Support Payment Center. If there is a judgment for spousal support with the child support order, the spousal support will also be paid there. You may contact them at 1-877-631-9973 (county and case ID required) or through their website at: www.nebraskachildsupport.com

If your spousal support judgment was NOT with a child support order, it will be paid through this office. Property settlement payments are also paid through this office. For payment information, please contact our office.